Wednesday, April 23, 2014

When Dave Left

I'll never forget Elena calling after Dave filed for divorce and got his own place.  She called because she was afraid of being alone in her house and she asked if I would come over for at least a little while.

I went over and she was emotionally exhausted.  Everything was changing and Dave left no food in her fridge.  I think she had a couple of hot dogs and condiments and literally nothing else.

She got tired and I said, "sleep!" with a smile.  When she fell asleep I did some work around her kitchen and then I quietly went home.

This is the video I put on my facebook the day I learned that she had died from the Statesman Journal, as a memory of this moment.  It's from my favorite tv show, where the lead character gains a younger girlfriend who is originally from Russia.



No comments:

Post a Comment