Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Place to Remember Elena

I think there is shock going on all around for Elena's family here in Oregon... the people who love her so much.  In case you are just getting this, the Statesman Journal published an article concerning her passing.

Husband Charged with Wife's Murder

So, according to the detective her family in Russia have been contacted on Thursday.  They want her flown home to have a funeral there.  We may be given permission by her family to hold a memorial for her here in Oregon before she goes.  Since it's the weekend, we can pray that we get the opportunity... though I do want her to go to her family too....

This is a place for memories of Elena.  Pictures.  Stories.  And for us to communicate in these next few days about what is taking place with a possible memorial service.

Leave a comment below.  Or I will add you as an author to the blog and you can write your own post concerning news or your remembrances of her....  Whatever you would like.  

5 comments:

  1. I just dialed Victim's Assistance which is the number given to me by the Detective, who I need to talk to about communication with the family in Russia and whether they would give us permission to celebrate her life with a memorial.

    The office is closed and won't be open till Monday. So I guess here comes waiting over the weekend.

    -Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so, so sorry for the loss of your friend. Mom just shared the news with me this morning. Praying for you and also for Elena's family. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in shock as well, and deeply disturbed by the few details I know. My family and I are grieving for her, it is so hard to come to terms with her death. She was so young and had so many possibilities ahead of her. We are sad, confused, and angry. The injustice is overwhelming.

    As our shock passes, we too would like to share our stories. I have prayed for your soul Elena, I truly hope you are at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Michelle, for all your prayers, postings and research. I'm so glad to see the family is wanting Elena's body to be shipped to Russia for the funeral. South Salem Naz will be holding a memorial service but I don't know when it will be yet. I will let you know as soon as I know.

    Please know we are praying for you and everyone who knew Elena. Such a tragic and senseless death. God's mercy and grace is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam thanks for praying and for the news. It will be good to be together in a few days.

    Elena's father was asked if we could hold a memorial here for her and he thought that would be wonderful. I thought that was very good news. I've misplaced the email address Victim's Assistance gave to send an email to him. Please pray for my words and the cultural difference.

    ReplyDelete